Improve your treble and/or bass clef note reading with games like ‘Trap Door’ or ‘Pumpkin Mash’ and complete the Notecracker challenge! Can you unlock the musical codes in every game to earn the certificate?
Notecracker is playable on a computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone and is available with a ‘Student‘ or ‘Studio‘ licence. The ‘Studio’ version for teachers includes bonus games and resources and is perfect for music lessons.
All work well during in person lessons and many are ideal for online teaching using platforms like Zoom or Skype. Simply open a web browser on your computer, laptop or tablet, select a game and play!
Featured treble and bass games
Full details of all the games are at the end of this page
Enter the abandoned castle to collect treasure – but watch out for the trap doors! A treble clef game.
How long can you keep your spaceship away from your opponent? A bass clef game.
Get caveman Fred to the other side of the village avoiding the falling rocks! A bass clef game
Have you ever played a ‘madlibs’ style game?
Complete the King’s love story with your own words in this ‘musical words’ activity!
Bonus Teaching Resources
The teacher versions of Notecracker include extra online note naming games. Play ‘Spin for Chips’, ‘Cupcakes and Cats’, and ‘Jigsaw’ in Studio Notecracker Treble, and ‘Cheese Run’, ‘Bass Champ’ and ‘Fetch’ in Studio Notecracker Bass. A printable PDF also has colourful record sheets, leaderboard templates for some of the games, and a certificate to hand out to successful students.
Treble pack contents
A list of the games in Notecracker based around the treble clef
- Trap Door: fearless Billy the brave Knight is searching for treasure in an abandoned castle. But there are hidden trap doors just waiting to swallow him and the treasure!
- Flappy Benny The Bat: guide Benny safely through the night and watch out for those trees! Have you got what it takes to make it to the end and top the leaderboard?!
- Piranha Peril: keep your submarine away from the scary piranha as you travel under the ocean.
- Fruit Faces: put the fruit back together in this leaderboard game!
- Pumpkin Mash: you have 40 seconds to hide all the pumpkins from the witch before she turns the poor things into mash! You really need to know your note names well to succeed in this mission.
- Storyteller: complete the stories with your own words (sometimes with crazy results!)
- Space Race: send the astronaut across the galaxy but watch out for aliens and asteroids
- Runaway Mouse: catch the mice to win!
- Composer or Food: are you the “one in a melon” who can pass this quiz with full marks? Or will you not want to “taco” about it because you failed?
- Space Rocket Snap: represent the human race and take on the aliens with a game of snap using spaceships and rockets.
- Orchestra: complete the facts about the orchestra by naming the notes – what once fell off the stage onto a poor cello player?
- Time Out Treble: name notes against the clock and try to top the leaderboard!
Bass pack contents
A list of the games in Notecracker based around the bass clef
- Space Dodgems: keep your spaceship away from your opponent for as long as possible to score points
- Ten Pin Bowling: take on Joey at ten pin bowling – he hates to lose!
- Fearless Fred: reach the other side of the village and avoid the falling rocks
- Superhero Training: help Superhero Sam complete his flight training – but watch out for the logs! This is a leaderboard game.
- Goalie: enter the football penalty shootout championship against Team Vivace
- Banana Slip Bass: watch out for those banana skins!
- Puzzle Master: will you be crowned ‘Puzzle Master’ and top the leaderboard? Complete the puzzles in the quickest time possible to score the most points.
- Teacher in Space: send a teacher of your choice to space if you know your note names! Just don’t send your music teacher!
- School Escape: the school has been locked by the wicked headmaster, Mr Bomble, who has set extra homework. The lovely and kind music teacher has left notes around the school to help you escape! Can you decipher her messages and escape the school?
- Robot Rebellion: save the world from the robots – but only if you know your bass clef notes well enough
- Spell and Draw: a card game using the in-built crayons to draw notes on the screen
- Time Out Bass: go up against the clock and try to top the leaderboard